Monday, June 06, 2011

An Adventure Called Harley Davidson

Some women want a car. I don’t.

I want a Harley Davidson.

Why?

I like the feel of the wind on my face. I love the countryside. I can just imagine the freedom of riding it on the long winding road with the fabulous warmth of the sun on my face and the lovely scene of endless green meadows right before my eyes.

It will be great.



I’m no tourist. I’m a traveler. I love discovering new things, spaces and places on my own. I love the idea of being lost in a sea of people where I can be free to do all the wacky things I love to do. It’s like a secret garden where no one else knows what’s in there, my own private world where I can be free to frolic like a kid and ride the wind like a bird.

The wind on my face thrills me. It brings a certain feeling of serenity and happiness. The only companion I’ll have is the bright blue skies and a flock of birds. It will be pure unadulterated fun. Such bliss. Such a surge of pleasure.

It will be great.

A friend told me that I might be too old to ride such a cool bike. I’m only thirty one and even women in their 50’s have the right to ride a Harley Davidson if they want to. Is there a law that prohibits women to ride one when they’re past the age of 30? And besides, sweetheart, thirty is the new twenty. A woman is free to do what she wants as long as she is not going to break any laws, human or divine.

I don’t believe in the idea of I’m too old or It’s too late.

People who tell you it is not possible probably didn’t get to try to fulfill some of their heartfelt wishes. It’s a trap and a cycle that imprisons them. They want to do things in their life but are afraid to do so. They are afraid to step out of their comfort zones. Are you afraid of taking risks?

Don't be.

Life is beautiful that everyday is such a mystery. Expand your horizons and while you're at it, enjoy the ride. If you want to become a doctor at the age of thirty or forty, by all means, do so. Paint your very first masterpiece. Learn new things. Take hold of second chances. Keep old friends close to your heart but try to meet new friends and marvel at the beauty of nature and life.

History shows that great minds don’t see age or circumstances as a hindrance. Just go and take that first step. You'll even surprise yourself and that you can do it like a pro. It’s not too late. Or would you rather contemplate about it on your deathbed?


Life is like a Harley Davidson. If you want it, get it. If you can dream it, you can have it. It's yours for the taking.

No comments:

People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There